Wednesday, November 10, 2010

over the rainbow

Here is my layout for a dare challenge over at Scrapbooking Top 50.
The criteria was.....
* a rainbow
* grunge
* wire
* 1 pattered paper, 1 card stock

So for me this was a big challenge because I love pattered papers, but I gave it ago and I have to say I am really happy with the way it turned out.
All of the coloured sections have been distressed using texture paste and paint then inked with black to try and make it look more like grunge, this was my take on a rainbow, all of the bright colours. I had never used texture paste before, so that was a lot of fun and I am sure I will use it again. The photo is mounted on fly wire and I have also added a little fly wire to the larger butterflies which I was really happy with, a few staples here and there and.............

2 comments:

Anthea said...

Your new blog looks AWESOME....love it!!!!!


Love how your dare challenge come up - bloody beautiful I would say!

Paula said...

This is a brilliant layout, love the rainbow effect...simple, but sooo effective! :)